This is a first limited edition of Star Trek: The Art of Juan Ortiz by Juan Ortiz, published by Picador in 2015.
The book and slipcase are in Fine condition, one of only 500 Signed, Numbered & Slipcased Limited Editions.
• A RETRO CELEBRATION OF THE ORIGINAL SERIES OF STAR TREK
• The singular vision of Juan Ortiz captures the great era of the original Star Trek series
• Presented with an original print signed by the artist
• Features a signed and numbered tip-in sheet
• Limited to 500 copies worldwide
• Every episode of the original series is represented by one poster
• An official tie-in to Star Trek supported by Paramount Studios
• More than just fan art, this is a stunning tribute to Star Trek. A truly gorgeous book.
SYNOPSIS: What if every Star Trek: The Original Series episode was a movie event? What would the movie poster look like? This was the inspiration to develop a one-of-a-kind set of images for the series that launched a franchise. Artist Juan Ortiz has created unique retro-style art with the look of a 60s movie poster, comic book, pulp novel cover or advertisement, one each for all 80 episodes. Juan Ortiz is an avid Star Trek enthusiast and an accomplished artist that set out to create an art program representing each of the 80 episodes from the Star Trek: The Original Series. The artwork embodies his passion for the series, the transformational Sixties, and the visceral reaction generated from each episode. Since 1985, Juan has been an illustrator/designer for Disney and Warner Bros. and has penciled covers for DC Comics’ Looney Tunes and Tiny Toons magazines. He is also the publisher of his own comic book series, Silver Comics, seen in the Disney/Dreamworks release I Am Number Four (produced by Steven Spielberg) as well as The Skull Army, a macabre/detective pulp, featuring his creation (named) The End.